Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday

Halloween is not the best day to try to get rid of water weight.  Just sayin.  I was - I think - pretty well-behaved; I had some chocolate almonds - either 8 or 12 (can't remember how many times I went back for more) - some dark chocolate, and 2 Halloween treats: M&Ms and an Almond Joy.  And didn't want any more after that - they were way too sweet.

My legs, feet, and ankles are still pretty swollen.  148.4 this morning, so I got rid of some of it.  I did not have breakfast today because of mild indigestion - guess the Almond Joy was just too much for me or something. 

Finally (!!!) slept like a rock overnight.  I think I woke up maybe 5 minutes before the alarm went.  I stayed up until 10, partly because I was finishing a movie on the iPad and partly to start resetting the body clock to deal with next week's return to sanity.

Here's yesterday's eating (junk):
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • potato chips
  • two pieces of cheese
  • bacon and tomatoes
  • pecans and cheese spread
  • chocolate almonds
  • dark (85%) chocolate
  • M&Ms (fun size)
  • Almond Joy (fun size)
I think that's it.  Lee's home tonight - late, I think, based on when he left Phoenix - so we should get back to our regular eating patterns starting tomorrow.  I think I'll do a bit of grocery shopping tonight and aim to have something from Paleo Comfort Foods for dinner tomorrow.  Apparently, my copy of Make It Paleo finally arrived at my parents' house, so I should see it some time this week.

My sense this morning is that I've been struggling with weight lately due to an excess of sugar, more than anything.  It seems like the 3 times I've had to put some effort into getting back down to my base weight have been sugar-related - it's not poisonous to me, but it starts a chain of cravings that I have trouble controlling.  A useful insight, I think.

I brought the Halloween leftovers in to work today, as I did last year, and will spend the day eating cheese - not fasting this morning, so I will probably have one pretty soon, as the indigestion passes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment