Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday

Back to 144.4 this morning; we went out to dinner last night, so I'm not too surprised.  Something about restaurant food seems to do it for me.  Something - in this case, it was the gravy; we both had turkey dinners (potatoes, mixed veg, cornbread dressing and cranberry relish) at Mimi's last night, and I found that steamed carrots with turkey gravy are actually quite good.  Well, tasty - no comment to be made on their inherent merit.

Here's yesterday's eating (other sins involved, come to think of it):
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon and sausage (I think it was both)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • M&Ms (pure emotional eating)
  • turkey
  • mashed potatoes
  • gravy
  • carrots and broccoli
  • cranberry relish
  • chocolate almonds
  • walnuts
I don't know where it's coming from, but I woke with another headache today.  I don't think it's stress, although yesterday was a very down day for me - people picking on my kid, worries about the future, stuff of that sort.  I'm still fighting some temperature swings, and today, they feel very much like a fever, although that could just be the presence of the headache.  Took an extra fish oil and some ibuprofen, and I hope that will keep it under control.  But I would very much like it just to go away.

For what it's worth, I am paying for the gravy this morning - a touch of indigestion, to boot.  Just adds to the overall malaise...

No comments:

Post a Comment