Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday

Yesterday's fast did not go all that well.  First, I had a banana.  Not bad, of itself.  At lunch, they offered blackened "Cajun style" salmon (salmon being such a big part of Cajun culture - in any event, I don't care for it), so I had an eggless Cobb salad with lots of bacon, and some green beans and carrots in a sauce that tasted of butter (I suspect no cows were involved in providing the flavor, though).  That left me hungry by mid-afternoon (not enough bacon in the salad, I guess), and in mid-afternoon, I was at the airport.  Of all the really horrid places to try to find nutritious food, Reagan National Airport, concourse A must be near the top.  In desperation, I ended up with a "big grab" bag of Lays, and a tin of Godiva dark chocolate "pearls".  Finished the potato chips, and have a few pearls left.  Does that mean the chips were more rewarding than the chocolate?  I'll leave that to others to determine.

No food on the plane (not truly the world's longest flight, but boy, did it feel like it), and had "dinner" on the way home, around 9 pm.  Here's the breakdown:
  • banana
  • the usual supplements
  • tea with half-and-half
  • salad with bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and dressing that was probably ranch with soybean or canola oil in
  • green beans with carrots in butter-flavored sauce
  • way too many potato chips
  • dark chocolate
  • seltzer with lime
  • bison burger with cheddar cheese, no bun
  • pickles
  • fries with catsup
  • iced tea
And I ate all of the fries - no idea if they were tasty or not, I was just tired and hungry at that point, and they were prey.  As a result - 147.0 this morning, and a stomach that is discussing things with me in rather terse terms.

I think we're going to the gym tonight.  No idea what's for dinner, but if I have my druthers, nothing on that list above.

No comments:

Post a Comment