Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday

It was 14 degrees out this morning.  Surely there's someone we could call about that.  On the other hand, it makes for perfectly wonderful sleeping weather - especially with the monster double duvet.  I woke up for the first time at 5:15 - just a bit ahead of the alarm clock.

146.2 this morning - the water is finally leaving me.  Here's yesterday's eating:
  • fat bomb smoothie
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese throughout the day as needed
  • shrimp skillet from Paleo Comfort Foods (seriously yum, even if I over-emphasized the lemon at the expense of the garlic)
  • rice
  • chocolate almonds (7 or 8 in total)
  • walnuts
  • more cheese
I believe that was it.  Finally got my copy of Make it Paleo last night and it has oodles of things that look extremely tasty - in fact, I lay my eating of walnuts and cheese directly at its feet - the pictures made me very hungry.  They even have instructions for making one's own almond and coconut milk - both look easy, although I don't see myself doing it.  As with the other cookbook, I will probably substitute butter or ghee where they call for coconut oil, but there's a lot of stuff there that looks very worth a shot.  Huge swaths of desserts, as a matter of fact.  And now that I have my coconut and almond flour, I can give some of the "pastry" recipes a try.

Another smoothie this morning - I made a whole batch yesterday and Lee wasn't up for eating, so I just kept it in the fridge - it actually works out very well that way.  Had some bacon with mine this morning, which may help keep hunger at bay a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment