Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday

Yesterday was proof that eating 3 meals in a day doesn't always prevent weight loss.  We had an errand to run during lunch, so Lee and I had Falafel King - which is to say gyro meat on salad with two other salads as side dishes.  Not bad stuff - lots of lovely garlic.  I had two Godiva chocolate pearls after in a futile attempt to stop smelling of garlic - nobody said anything to me, but that was probably politeness.

So.  Yesterday's eats:
  • scrambled eggs
  • pork sausage links
  • the usual (Monday) supplements
  • tea with cream
  • gyro meat
  • salad
  • tzaziki sauce
  • greek salad dressing
  • two Godiva pearls
  • chicken breast
  • salad with dijon vinaigrette
  • hot tea
  • cheese
  • 3 almond cookies - still addictive
And this morning?  144.2 if the scale is to be trusted.  Not bad.

I slept like a wet rag overnight - actually, that's a very apt comparison, because we had a downslope wind and that makes the ambient temperature quite a bit warmer, so our bedcovers were way too warm.  Woke up at 11:30 and again at 3:30 - the latter time, I could not get back to sleep until around 5:20, I think, and the alarm goes at 5:30.  Finally got up at 6:15, but skipped breakfast.  I don't know what is messing with my sleep these days - or rather, I probably do and am just trying to make it go away (or finish up, already!) by ignoring it - in any event, I would like more and better sleep.  I probably need to hit the gym - good intentions and all that; I've not been going.

I don't think today will be much of a fast - I have some cheese with me for later.  What I really need at the moment is a Red Bull, I'm sorry to have to confess.  Or coconut milk.  Not that it matters; I have neither, and will have to struggle through the day on sheer willpower and English Breakfast Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment