Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday

Seems like about this time last week I was bitching about the snow.  And this week?  Bitching about the snow again.  Not an auspicious start to the cold season, if you ask me - weekly heavy snowstorms (they're calling it a "blizzard" on the south side of town) in the dead center of Fall.  Will Winter be worse? 

I thought I ate fairly well yesterday, but only lost a small bit - 148.2 this morning, and my feet are still swollen.  This kind of reminds me of the cruise we took after Elizabeth graduated, when I had to get a lymphatic massage to get the fluid in my ankles to drain.  Nowhere near the magnitude, but definitely as persistent.  I'll add to it that my ears are stuffed up - inflamed.  Something is out of kilter, I guess.  As we will be working through several Paleo cookbooks for the next few weeks, I would anticipate that whatever it is will return to kilter.  And I will be cutting way back on the sugar, especially with the holidays on the horizon.

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • a fun-size Nestle Crunch bar (I did not look at the ingredients)
  • turkey breast
  • mashed cauliflower with a bit of butter
  • "gravy" made from chicken stock, herbs, and potato starch
  • cheese
  • chocolate almonds (only 3 of them)
  • walnuts
I think that was it.  I had hoped to get a deli turkey breast, but they didn't have any, so I got a vacuum-packed thing from Jenny-O.  Not exactly the flavor I was looking for, but it filled me up, when combined with about half a head of cauliflower, cooked to mush with chicken broth and attacked with the stick blender (turned out pretty good).  I added a pat of butter to it, and that vastly improved the flavor.

Tonight we're trying another Paleo Comfort Foods recipe - shrimp skillet, shrimp with bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and herbs.  It looks quite tasty, so I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment