Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday

I managed to eat quite well, yesterday, as it turned out.  Surprisingly, the conference lunch offered baked chicken and wedge salads with blue cheese, so I ended up eating 3 meals.  Dinner was out, at a seafood place, and was very manageable, as long as one didn't inquire too closely as to ingredients. Here's the breakdown:

Scrambled eggs
Bacon
Tea with cream
The usual supplements
Baked chicken thigh
Wedge salad with blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing, and bacon
Part of a crab cake
Glass of muscadet
Greek salad, in which I managed to avoid most of the chickpeas
Grilled shrimp
Mashed sweet potatoes
Roast butternut squash
Hazel nuts
Dark chocolate

Seems like a lot of food, but I think it was just that it came in lots of separable parts.  For what it's worth, I had leg cramps over the course of the night, so I think I stayed near ketosis.

I'm debating about a fast this morning.  Woke up with a headache and a stuffy head, so I've upped the vitamin D and fish oil, and had some Advil.  I should probably eat, if for no other reason than to protect my stomach from the last.  But I must say that I'm really not terribly hungry.  Maybe another cup of tea before I decide...

--
"Comforts that were rare among our forefathers are now multiplied in factories and handed out wholesale; and indeed, nobody nowadays, so long as he is content to go without air, space, quiet, decency and good manners, need be without anything whatever that he wants; or at least a reasonably cheap imitation of it." -- G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment