Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday

I made it all day yesterday without snacking between breakfast and dinner - not a huge accomplishment, but, perhaps, a tribute to the staying qualities of eggs and meat.  Also an indication that I had meetings pretty much all afternoon after lunch, so I would not be bored enough to start fantasizing about junk food.  I had not brought cheese with me, so it was a good thing.

146.4 this morning - a slight loss, unusual, considering I had Chinese food for dinner last night, and it normally is unhelpful in losing weight.  Here's the day:
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage links (not turkey)
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements for Monday
  • chicken with garlic sauce
  • rice
  • hot tea
  • one fried noodle
  • fortune cookie
  • chocolate almonds
  • a square of Lindt 85% chocolate
  • walnuts
That was it. 

Lee's struggling with his weight again - gained some on his trip, and found himself up 2 pounds overnight after the Chinese dinner.  He had more of the carbs than I did - more noodles, more rice - and came home and, for some unfathomable reason, had a bowl of oatmeal because he was cold.  Well, that ain't gonna help anything - but I can't be his eating sheriff.  His stomach reacted badly and immediately to the meal, so something was off.  I imagine his 2 pounds are to do with carbohydrate digestion, and will be gone if he gets away from them for a while.  We shall see.  He's giving up lunch, he says, which should help him a bunch.  If he sticks with it, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment