Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wednesday

Yes, it is Wednesday, but it's also the last workday of the week, so, in a way, it's Friday.  I'm so beyond ready. 

We bought a new scale yesterday, because our old one just started acting disinterested in turning on and zeroing.  The new one seems pretty consistent with what the old one was saying - this morning, it had me at 143.9 (this one goes down to full 1/10ths of a pound, rather than just reporting the 1/5ths), which is pretty close to where I was yesterday, down a little.  Supposedly this scale will bluetooth my weight to my phone, should I decide I want to do that.  Not sure what the benefit is, yet.

Yesterday went like this:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • a few Godiva chocolate pearls
  • a few almonds
  • caesar salad without croutons
  • bacon-wrapped grilled shrimp (not bad, but not immensely better than non-wrapped grilled shrimp)
  • peppercorn sirloin (I think) with bleu cheese sauce
  • steamed broccoli
  • a small amount of mashed potatoes
  • iced tea
  • a couple of almond cookies
  • more cheese (I was hungry again around 9 - undoubtedly Red Lobster was trimming the fat off some part of dinner)
That was it.  We were over at my parents' house after dinner to check progress on their kitchen remodel, and my sister showed up with chocolate cake for my mom's birthday.  It didn't look even remotely appetizing to me - and by that time, dinner was starting to wear off a bit, so I was a little hungry. Always cool, how my tastes have changed.  Lee had some - said it was really sweet.  I wonder if, with all of the sugary foods available to people nowadays, the desserts have to be over-sweetened in order for them to stand out as desserts?  Just a random thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment