Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday

I'm so tired, I'm pretty much speechless. And yet, I slept last night - solid blocks of non-rem sleep, it appears, too. And dreams that I remembered, both having them, and the substance of them.

Partly medicine head - Lee insisted that I take a night-time cold medicine last night - and partly a roaring backache. Charlie wasn't going gently into last good night, I'll just say, and ended up on the bed, firmly planted on the small of my back. The dogs know something is up, because we packed. I think it best to avoid comment on all of this, except to say that it needn't have been the case.

157.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs with ham and cheese
  • an apple
  • 2 pieces of cheddar
  • 2 brats
  • sauerkraut (live)
  • 2 slices of tomato
  • a small quantity of potato chips
  • a handful of salted dark chocolate almonds
  • half a bowl of ice cream (strawberry Haagen-Dasz)
I have looked at my weight track on the new fitness band site (I do really like what Garmin is doing with this stuff), and I'm damn stable around 158. Like, setpoint stable.

I think it will be interesting to see walking and sleeping data this coming week. Like what a night's sleep in Chuck and Anna's very dark guest room will register. And how many steps we get with a hotel that is outside the quarter. Stuff like that. As I said yesterday, I will be avoiding bread as completely as I can, and staying as much on track as possible in a whirlwind of restaurant meals and being a polite guest. And we'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment