Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday

Survived the weekend; it actually went quite well. Although Lee wasn't happy with me in general - and I know why. I was pretty surly last week, and I need not to do that.

Anyway, I ate bread on Saturday. Part of a croissant at breakfast (mine are better). Bread pudding at lunch. A small piece of King Cake after dinner. And beer. And my stomach rebelled. I'm still getting through it. 

So I guess I'm really truly done with wheat. Can't eat it anymore. It makes me sick.

That should simplify things in a few weeks. 

Anyway, stress source is over and done with, and I do hope I can relax now. Even with Mardi Gras itself still to come - for that, I'm fairly sure that all we have to do is go where people tell us, and spend a bit more money. A pittance, in comparison with what's been done up to now. Hair, makeup, second-line beads. I think that's it. A few meals, probably.

159.6 this morning, although really I would have thought I'd lost several pounds yesterday. Maybe I did... Here's yesterday:
  • tea with half-and-half
  • an omelet with ham, cheese, and tomatoes
  • grits with butter
  • pulled pork BBQ and cole slaw
  • homemade potato chips 
  • half a Domino's gluten-free pizza, extra pepperoni
  • salad with vinaigrette
Not the best day's eating by any means, but far better than Saturday.

We did get a lot of walking in. Beat goal 3 days in a row, including Friday. That will probably stop abruptly today. Yet it took so little to do it - we walked a few blocks to breakfast yesterday, and that was nearly enough by itself. My goal's up to 5600ish this morning as a result. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment