Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday

So this is weird. Two days in a row, I've driven home slapping myself in the face to stay awake. I come out of work just freezing, turn on the seat heater and car heater to warm up, and the instant I'm no longer freezing, I get amazingly sleepy. I put on extra base layers today, to see if that will ward it off, but it's bizarre - especially as I haven't been able to take a nap for the past 3-4 years or longer, and don't usually get sleepy in the afternoon.

I suppose it could be low-carb flu, as I get back to normal eating after last weekend. Maybe.

157.8 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • 4 pieces of cheese
  • about 1/2 pound of grassfed ground beef (patties)
  • mustard and ketchup
  • green beans
  • a Lindt truffle
  • about 2 handfuls of roasted peanuts
I think that was it. I was quite hungry in the afternoon, too - maybe related to the sleepiness. And I got a good night's sleep the night before, so it really didn't make sense.

Walking adequate, because we went grocery shopping after dinner. I also did my shoulder exercises, and am starting to think I need to raise the weight level from 3 lb to 5. Maybe.

I brought veggies and dip and cheese to work to eat today - hope that is enough. Turned a carton of sour cream into dip with Hidden Valley Ranch - not paleo, but ultimately, a minor part of the overall food, so I hope it won't cause issues.

Sleep seemed okay last night - although we haven't got Charlie into his own bed yet. So I wake up with him pushing against my back, and it's a bit painful. But I felt rested, and didn't wake much in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment