Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday

Bugger all. I thought I ate fairly well yesterday and ended up gaining over half a pound. 160.4 this morning; 159.8 yesterday. And the holiday season has not started yet. I'm going to need to be vigilant, for sure.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • a very large apple
  • cheese
  • 2 Hershey's Nuggets
  • 1/3-lb patty of grassfed beef
  • zoodles with butter, sour cream, and parmesan cheese
  • a small handful of cashews
So really a not-bad day, but not good enough to compensate for the past week, I think. I'm not eating mindfully right now, and I need to be.

We had ham with Trader Joe's julienned root vegetables on Saturday night, after a lunch of fish. So unless I'm eating in my sleep or really blanking on a bunch of illicit snacks, I shouldn't be gaining real weight right now.

Okay. I need to get a grip or my dress won't fit in January. I've made a dip for veggies and put it in what I'm calling the "snack drawer" of the new fridge, along with some veggies to dip. I think I need to avoid the nuts - especially peanuts and cashews; almonds are okay - for the most part. I'm less certain about the apples; I know they're pretty big on sugar, and the ones Lee bought are ginormous. Healthy, but I wish I could eat just half. I'll figure it out; last week was a bad week in general with a lot of eating out and making bad choices once there. 

Meat and leaves. Needs to be a theme song for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment