Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday

Gotta stop letting the dog sleep in our bed. He was fussy last night, for no obvious reason, and we let him join us. He lodged himself in the small of my back, and became stone. No idea how he does it, but he becomes immovable at night. 

So my back and left hip are less than fully happy this morning - not bad, by any means, but tweaked a bit. I think I have been sleeping funny on that hip anyway, and it's turned; I need to stretch out the adductors (I think they are) so it can open the joint up a bit more.

That, and come up with a routine to strengthen my shoulder joints, so they don't get tweaky. Research needed.

158.0 this morning; I think that's down a tiny bit from yesterday. At which I ate:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • pork sausage patties
  • almonds
  • 3 "street tacos" with corn tortillas, beef, veg, salsa
  • beans - not refried, the loose kind from Mexican places around here
  • some of the spanish rice
  • 2 Hershey's nugget things - one dark, one milk chocolate
  • a handful of cashews
The beans just tasted good last night. No serious after-effects that I can see. Maybe I needed something in them.

Still had calf cramps last night - one real one in my right leg, for a change, and the threat of others. I added potassium to the bedtime magnesium, to see if that would help; it didn't last night, but maybe it will with a bit more in the system.

I'm drinking a lot of tea at the new job; the room we're in is chilly and having something warm is helpful. Leads to more bathroom breaks than I'd been used to, and that may be dehydrating me a bit, dragging electrolytes along. Because I don't think my eating is super ketogenic or anything right now.

Another thought I wanted to capture. I have had 2 periods of super-successful weight loss. In both cases, there was a lot of mental focus on my part. I don't have that right now. I am focused on the health aspects of eating - trying to keep things fairly clean, increasing veg, etc. - but less on keeping the momentum going. Could that be why I'm just bouncing around between 155 and 160 right now? Maybe so. Don't know if I can muster up the focus right now or not, but I'll let that thought simmer for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment