Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday

It was hormones. Trust me; I've been presented with concrete evidence. Now, if I can use the (I hope!) diminution of carb cravings and the loss of water weight to start some real fat loss, I will be quite happy. The carb urges seem already to have reduced; I had a couple of pieces of chocolate mid-day yesterday, but didn't feel the need to have more. I think. Now I'm starting to think maybe I had some later on as well, maybe as dessert for dinner. 

In any event, 156.4 this morning, so down over 2 pounds from last week's high. I still feel bulgy, but am not sure what the substance of the bulginess is. Here's yesterday as I can recall it:
  • tea with cream
  • omelet with ham and peppers and onion
  • bacon
  • two Toblerone minis
  • a handful of cashews
  • some cheese - I attempted to make chips out of baked cheddar, and ate some of the results as well as a piece or two of regular cheddar
  • cashews - in a small dish, two handfuls
  • low-carb crust pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers
  • two more Toblerone minis (maybe)
  • 1 tsp honey
Yesterday was just weird. We breakfasted out, did a few errands, finished our taxes (one stressor removed for the year - and we get a refund!), and vegged. Lee and Elizabeth went out for a while after that but I stayed home - didn't eat, I ironed. We had tentative plans to watch the Super Bowl, but never ended up bothering, so I watched episodes of Downton Abbey on iTunes on my iPad all evening, but did not eat. It was very un-memorable.

Sleep last night was also weird - I wasn't wound down when we went to bed - stopped watching Downton mid-episode - and woke up at 2:30, still un-relaxed. It took about an hour to get to sleep from that waking, but I slept pretty well after that, and feel fairly well rested this morning. 

We did get to the gym over the weekend, much needed. I hope to go tonight, but don't know if that's in the plans. Sauteed shrimp and veggies for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment