Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday

Let's see, where to start? I spent yesterday evening wandering the house in ski goggles, no doubt to the amusement of the dogs. Put them on as it got dark outside and kept them on until I went to bed (started prep, anyway). I read in bed without them for a bit - maybe 20 minutes. 

Did that help any? Not that I could tell, except that I had an overwhelming urge to go to bed well before 9; once I got there, though, I wasn't sleepy for about 45 minutes, give or take. There were other complicating factors, though. I will try it again tonight, maybe watch TV for a bit in the living room with them on, as long as it's Olympics or something without talking heads.

That's that one. I also used SleepCycle as my primary alarm. Interesting results there just from running it last night. I'd started to suspect that it was picking up a lot of Lee's movements in bed when it gave me an 85% rating for a night I don't think I even moved, and showed a bunch of spikes to "awake" throughout the night - at times when he'd got up for the bathroom and what-not. Last night, I had a fairly awful night's sleep (not all my fault!), broken up at 2 am and several times after that, because of dear old Jack and his problem sleeping in a kennel when Elizabeth is not home. He woke me up at 2 and I got up to let him out and on the bed, and subsequently I slept horribly because I thought it was a lot later (4:20, maybe?) and even after I learned the true time, woke up multiple times. My sleep rating last night? 100%, and it showed almost no spikes to awake, except the one at 2 when I physically got up and walked around. So the poor thing is artificially desensitized, or something.

As for the alarm clock aspect - I guess it worked, but by 5 am, which was the early edge of the waking window I'd set, I'd been awake for a good 15-20 minutes, so I can't say if I would have awakened more refreshed based on my sleep cycle. I will try again tonight, with modifications to accommodate Jack's issues. I also turned off one of the two other alarm clocks in the room for the duration after this morning, to make things a bit less complicated at 5:30 when they all go off. Sheesh.

Finally, I got in about 8 minutes of morning faces using my big iPad this morning - don't know if that will have been enough or if they're large enough there, but I will try to note my mood tomorrow morning, see if it's any better.

154.6 this morning. Eating was weird yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • 4 medium shrimp, grilled with beurre-blanc sauce
  • a hunk of broccoli, dipped in the same sauce
  • macadamias - about 1/4 cup
  • cheese (6-8 pieces, I think)
  • salami (ditto)
  • dark-chocolate covered coconut chunks - about 10 of them
  • 2 squares of Ritter dark chocolate hazelnut bar (didn't look at the Nutrition Facts)
  • a handful of cashews
  • 1 tsp honey
I think the evening noshing was stress-driven, and I will take a 5-HTP today if I find myself craving sugar at all. I hope I won't; that could affect the faces outcome as well.

I won't be having lunch today, just macadamias, and I had extra cream in the tea this morning to boot, so going for the fat-fast and dinner pattern. Yesterday got blown away when Lee found himself at a loose end at lunchtime, so we went out and had lunch. Plan for dinner tonight is to eat a hamburger patty in some form with salad. And clean out the leftovers from the fridge - I'm not going to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment