Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday

First, N=1 progress readouts. I wore the ski goggles again last night, this time, surfing Twitter on my iPad and watching TV. While it's obvious that they're changing the color spectrum I'm seeing, I wasn't noticeably sleepier at all and still took about 1/2 hour to get to sleep once I turned the lights out. Everything I've read has indicated that this works almost immediately, and they're inconvenient (moreso after Jack took them and chewed on them and removed some of the foam yesterday), so I think I'm going to suspend that experiment. I may retry in future with real blu-blockers, but I think the ski goggles are a bust.

Also unfortunately, Jack woke up at 1 am and started whining, then got on the bed and started barking at nothing for a while, so my sleep was somewhat shit. I woke up around 11:30 as well, for no obvious reason (maybe heat?), and was awake before the Sleep Cycle alarm went off. Still got a 94% rating for sleep. Now, if I could just get a night completely alone, maybe I'd sleep well - and maybe it would be so odd that I'd not sleep at all. I feel rested, for what that's worth.

Finally, the morning faces thing. After waking up around 4:45 or whenever it was and feeling cani-cidal (i.e., wanting to kill the damn dog), I figured that it wasn't working. And I think the jury is still out, but once I got up and got lights on and did the usual animal feeding morning stuff, I found that I felt very brisk and efficient and, while not happy, exactly, more upbeat. So I did more of it this morning - it feels quite stupid to sit there and stare at these talking heads with the sound off (I dont much care about the content, just the visuals), but if it's useful especially on these alone days, well, at least nobody's there to see me looking looney.

153.8 this morning; here's yesterday:
  • tea with extra cream
  • macadamia nuts (about 1/2 cup total)
  • two hamburger patties with cheddar cheese and TJ's green salsa
  • 2 squares of Ritter dark chocolate with hazelnuts (the last of the bar)
  • a small handful of cashews
  • some cheese - about 3 pieces, I think
  • 1 tsp honey
The meat helped. I think I need more protein than I can get from cheese and salami, and I go on the weird rampages to get it. Definitely didn't want to snack as much last night as the night before.

I am likely to be up late tonight, and even if I'm not, I think I'm going to be firmer with Jack about staying in his kennel at night. I really need him not to whine at 1 am. Also, not to let Roscoe out of his kennel the instant the radio goes off (twice now in 2 nights).

No comments:

Post a Comment