Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday that I really wish was Thursday

This is being a long week.  Yesterday, it seemed like the day got stuck around 2 pm for a year or so, and last night was purgatorial.  Again, I'm not having hot flashes, but I can't control my body temperature at all, so with the blanket it's too hot, and without it, it's too cold.  Serious ugh.  I know that I woke up at 10:30 with it, thinking I'd slept all night (that's the heartbreaking thing; when I wake up with rising body temps, its like waking up in the morning, and very hard to get back to sleep).  I think I woke again before midnight, and at 2-something, and at 4:40ish.  Granted, Lee said it was hot to him as well, but it's killing me.

150.8 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • roast beef (out of half a sandwich)
  • a very small bunch of grapes
  • half a tomato slice
  • cheese-steak meatloaf (a recipe I made up on the drive home, that was a keeper)
  • salad with Marie's blue cheese dressing
  • somewhere between 8-10 Godiva dark chocolate pearls
  • a handful of cashews
That was it.  We went out after dinner and bought throw rugs for the kitchen, which always helps keep the snacking down (going out, not buying throw rugs, obviously).

Loving the new stove.  I sauteed the bell peppers for the meatloaf last night and was able to get them to char a little.  I have SO missed cooking with gas over the past 25 years.  Wow.  Didn't realize that was the last time I had a gas stove.  

Anyway, no idea what's for dinner tonight - but it may involve stopping at a grocery store on the way home, since I didn't break anything out to defrost.

No comments:

Post a Comment