Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday

Sleep improved over the weekend - for all of us, I think.  We got Elizabeth completely moved out of her apartment, and are just trying to match paint in order to do some touch ups where we had mounted curtain rods, and she'll be done.  The house is still a disaster, but we were able to get into our bedroom over the weekend and do laundry - which helped me mentally.

Anyway, action-packed weekend.  And junk-food-packed.  No idea what I weigh right now, but my jeans fit, so I'm okay with whatever it is.  And we did a lot of lifting heavy things and climbing stairs repeatedly, especially on Saturday.

I think this is what I ate yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • Cracker Barrel low-carb double-meat breakfast (eggs and bacon, basically)
  • M&Ms - I bought a regular sized bag of them at the store Saturday, and had several handsful
  • potato chips
  • cashews
  • meat loaf
  • green beans
  • salad
  • a glass of wine
That was it - but the quantities of M&Ms, chips, and cashews were probably excessive.  If all goes well, by week end, we should have a functional kitchen.  It may not be complete, but we should have a working stove, sink, and oven, and maybe the refrigerator will be installed.  The floor looks great - one more coat of finish today, a bit of un-rigging tomorrow, and we are done with it and able to use the entire house again.  A flurry of laundry, and mental health should tick up several notches at our house, even without the working kitchen part.

No comments:

Post a Comment