Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday

The kitchen is back to normal; now we just have to learn how to use it effectively.  But a big improvement.  And much stress removed.

Sleep is still fairly crap, though, which is annoying.  Temperature fluctuations, mostly - also Elizabeth's dog, who came dropping in (physically) at 2 am.  I let him out, Lee let him in and got him back to her room, and all was mostly well.

We have been cooking at home with a few exceptions since Monday evening last week, and I can start to tell - my thumb joints are no longer sore.  A small thing, but it's interesting how something like arthritis is so very influenced by diet.  And how even careful restaurant eating still causes it to flare up.

150.8 this morning, although on Saturday morning, I saw 149.6.  That was maybe an aberration? Hard to say.  I'm a little swollen right now, so maybe today/yesterday is the aberration.  

Here's yesterday's eating:
  • bacon
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements
  • cheese
  • cashews
  • paleo shepherd's pie (from Elana's Pantry - really good and the cauliflower crust was delish!)
  • a tin of Godiva pearls - dark chocolate mint
I feel like I must have eaten more, but honestly don't recall anything else.  The thing is, I spent the entire day cooking, pretty much.  Beef stock (aka "bone broth), meatballs, the shepherd's pie, and Health-Bent's creole breakfast casserole.  We had the latter for breakfast today, and it was quite tasty. And you have to love the convenience.

Something with pork tenderloin for dinner; not sure what yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment