Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday

Yesterday was tough.  I worked from home due to the stupid weather making the streets into bona-fide ice rinks, and that put me in proximity to a lot of food and non-food foodlike substances.  Also, three dogs.  I did pretty well, considering, but was only in "trace" ketosis at bedtime last night.  I think I know why (see below).  148.4 this morning, so "trace" was enough.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs
  • sausage links
  • cheese (4-6 pieces, plus cheese curds)
  • walnuts (two measured servings)
  • dark chocolate with mint (2 squares)
  • potato chips (about 10)
  • NomNomPaleo's cherry BBQ steak skewers - which were delicious!
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • vanilla ice cream with sliced strawberries
I think that was it.  The ice cream after dinner was probably not the best idea, but could have been worse, I guess.  Have started today off without breakfast, in an effort to get to work before the traffic got bad (epic fail there), so I am currently working on some butter roasted pecans and will have more throughout the day.  Dinner could be hit-and-miss; we're expecting another blizzard today, so I could be looking at a 2-3 hour commute with nothing thawed to cook.  If it ends up being cheese and salami, so be it; I expect I'll be glad just to be home.  My job and commute are very non-Paleo, and having blizzards in April should make me want to stay in the cave, but I had to get out today after a workday with 3 slightly neurotic dogs yesterday.  So I'm a bit stressy, and trying to figure out how to stop being that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment