Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday

I don't recall if I noted on Friday that I would be redoing the fat fast over the weekend, but I did make a fairly sloppy attempt, foiled by Mexican food among other things, and it seems to have worked.  148.8 again this morning, and feeling mentally alert, despite rather bad sleep.  I'm hitting it hard this morning - so far, I've had butter-roasted pecans to eat - and will have some sort of salad-with-meat tonight for dinner, so still not a perfect fat fast, but very low carb and ketosis-inducing, which is what I want.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (throughout the day)
  • cashews (small measured quantity)
  • strawberries (about 3)
  • potato chips (salt craving - 1 handful)
  • salami
  • naked bacon cheeseburger
  • two squares of 70% dark chocolate with mint
  • about 3 walnuts
  • a few butter-roasted pecans
That was it, actually.  So I didn't eat all that much, despite feeling like that's all I did all day.  In fact, I worked on the drip irrigation system and went shopping, and in the evening, made NomNomPaleo's cherry barbecue sauce to put on the smashed flank steak skewers for Tuesday (and it is fabulous tasting; they should be great!).

I will probably stop the fat fast, or slow it down a good bit, after today or tomorrow; don't really want to get used to living off 1000 calories of fat per day, and some day, I would like to be able to drink wine again - obviously, I won't be as long as I'm doing this.  The plan, though, is to move from the fat fast back to the ketosis-sustaining low-carb eating that worked so well for all of us a couple of years back.  If I lead, I know Lee will follow - at dinner, anyway.  And that means we need to lay off the faux baked goods, gluten-free pizza crust, and things of that sort - and to keep the potato starch in meat loaf to an absolute minimum.  We need to make one this week to use up some tomato paste, which is why I mentioned it - and I think I will throw a bit of ground liver into it, for nutrition's sake.  Guess that means Liver and Onions for Lee one day this week - I have tried it and do not care for the taste at all, so I will have mine ground and disguised and he can eat his straight.  Seems like I have a meal plan for the week, just like that.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment