Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday

Good weekend, not from an eating standpoint, but from a weekend standpoint.  Nonetheless, I weigh only 149.4 this morning - down from 150.something yesterday.  I was a bit surprised, truly, because yesterday involved chocolate and nuts and potato chips, and I woke up with swollen fingers, so I know I've got excess fluids going on.  No idea what it will take to dislodge them; I suspect they're to do with the gardening work I put in on Saturday.  I am happy to note that I did about 4 hours of gardening surrounding an hour or so of shopping on nothing more than 3 strips of bacon and 2 pieces of cheese.  Ketosis rules; I love the stamina it imparts.
Here's what I recall about yesterday:
  • omelet with ham, cheese, tomato
  • hash browns
  • tea with cream
  • cheese (standard hunk-o-cheddar)
  • malted milk eggs - I think 8 throughout the day
  • one white chocolate truffle
  • walnuts - I tried to keep the quantity down, but not tremendously well
  • salad with blue cheese (also some seeds as garnish)
  • miscellaneous seafood, grilled with sauces
  • green beans
  • garlic mashed potatoes
  • half a slice of the innards of key lime pie (nasty texture to it)
  • the remains of a bag of potato chips
So a long list, but apparently not as damaging as I feared.  We did not eat breakfast today owing to no defrosted bacon and being tired, so I have a bag of olives with me to eat throughout the day (I have started already; if a fast, just a fat fast).  It feels just now rather like it did when I was able to lose weight pretty easily; I am hopeful that the weekend did not take me permanently out of ketosis, and that I can eat low carb during the week and be back in it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment