Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday

Yesterday turned out to be a bona-fide fat fast, I'd bet.  We none of us felt much like dinner preparations (eating was all good), so in the end, I had cheese, salami, and bacon.  148.8 again this morning, not sure what changed, but not too concerned.  Ketosis registered as "Moderate" last night, which is the highest I ever see anyway.  It's just nice to have my brain back.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream (more than usual; 3 cups this way throughout the day)
  • the usual supplements
  • butter-roasted pecans (2 servings)
  • cheese (2 pieces)
  • bacon (3 pieces)
  • salami (about 8 slices)
  • dark chocolate with mint (2 squares)
That was it.  The ketosis-lack-of-appetite is back, too, so I didn't feel like snacking the night away.  While no weight was lost yesterday, I expect to see some go shortly, as I continue eating very low carb.  And not drinking - but I think I've made that point.

I did find a surge in tinnitus at bedtime last night.  My suspicions are that it has something to do with one of the mineral supplements I added from reading the PHD - either iodine or copper.  When it first occurred, a couple of months ago, I added zinc and then B-complex stuff; when neither of those seemed to make it subside, I stopped taking the iodine, copper, and zinc for a while, and it quieted down nicely.  Restarted them this past week, and blammo, back it comes.  So this time, I'm going to isolate the culprit; for now, I'm not taking the copper.  If it goes away, I'll just stop taking copper, if not, I'll drop the iodine again, and if it stops then, I'll restart the copper.  It's possible that I'm not deficient in something, I guess.

Did not get breakfast this morning; a bit of crazy-town at the house.  So I'm eating pecans again because I'm hungry.  If I'm hungry around 11, I may just go get some lunch of some sort - probably a naked quarter pounder (but NO fries).  Or not - depends.  I think the fat fast has done the required work of getting me back into ketosis; now it should be possible to stay there, as long as I lay off the sugar bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment