Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday

Well, that was interesting.  I was heading onto the freeway to start my commute when I noticed the first stirrings of a migraine aura.  Mine are visual - arcs of sparkly triangles in the left field of vision - so I'm stuck in a restricted access road going 65 miles/hour, with some distortion to my left.  I am happy to say I made it to work without incident, managed to get 3 advil down while driving, and the aura disappeared about halfway to work.  Ugh, though.  I never used to get these, and can only blame hormone swings, since they pre-date Paleo.  Right now, I can feel some pressure in my forehead that I am hoping will not blossom into the real deal.

146.0 this morning, so those same hormones seem to be willing to play along with weight loss.  I appreciate that, at least.  Here's yesterday:
  • scrambled eggs
  • tea with cream
  • bacon
  • the usual supplements
  • cheese
  • chocolate cherries (5 total all night, I think)
  • a chicken breast
  • about 10 green olives
  • salad with vinaigrette dressing
  • a chocolate caramel Ghirardelli square
That was it.  I wasn't hungry enough during the day to snack, for which I am grateful.  Elizabeth and I went walking before dinner, to boot; she said that she'd been fasting all day and was a bit cranky, although she didn't seem to be.  I did my first mile (of 1.5, approx.) in about 13 minutes, which isn't bad.  Cut my stride way down to reduce arm swings, and my shoulder is quiescent today, so that appears to be the ticket.  I'm still taking turmeric for it, prophylactically.

No comments:

Post a Comment