Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday

Well, let's see.  What's been going on?  A good weekend, I think - for eating, anyway.  I'm down to 146.8 this morning, and mean to keep it that way.  Our weekend involved lots of being out and about, mostly meals in restaurants (all but yesterday's breakfast, I think), but few opportunities to snack.  Elizabeth reports a loss of at least 15 pounds on her Whole 30, which she is considering limiting to a Whole 21 because life without cheese is just not worth it.  But she's doing really well - ignoring chips and salsa at Mexican restaurants, and having only a tiny bit of rice at the hibachi place.  And then buying Junior Mints at the movies as a least-worst option and not bothering even to open the box.  It's now residing in our pantry to keep from bugging her.  She's pretty chuffed at the progress, for sure.

I had some fun on Saturday morning - a friend is starting a venture representing a clothing line, and was having a trunk show, so I went to check things out.  And found that, regardless of size label, I fit every garment I tried on, at least to be able to fasten it without strain.  I also found that clothing that's not "me", and which I would not wear voluntarily, actually looked fairly good on me.  I guess I could start a new career in modeling if I felt inclined - or not.  In the end, I bought 2 skirts that I believe I will wear.  The weird thing is that I bought one of them in a size 6 (yes, that is NOT a typo) and the other in a size 10.  Same line, same company, one would think they'd standardize sizes.  But I tried on multiple size 6s and 8s and had no problem zipping any of them, other than getting my arms into a position that would allow me to pull up back zippers on dresses.  Crazy.

At the movies on Saturday, we split half of a dark chocolate bar, and I had a fizzy water - quite a change from the days when a large popcorn vanished before the previews ended.

Anyway, here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • part of a bowl of primal hot cereal (recipe from a Mark Sisson book) - unfortunately rather nasty as I used almonds that had gone bad
  • 4 pieces of bacon
  • cheese - 2 or 3 pieces
  • turkey - 2 slices
  • chocolate cherries - maybe 4 or 5 throughout the day
  • fewer than 10 chips with salsa and a little refried beans
  • cheese enchiladas with nasty green chile (I was hungry, so I ate them)
That was pretty much it.  I was at 146.6 yesterday, so I would tend to imagine that the Mexican had its usual effect.  Whatever.

On the hormonal front, I am, unfortunately, suffering from hot flashes again.  What is this, round 3 or 4?  I'm really really done with it.  Wish it were done with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment