Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday with snow

Seems to be becoming a bit of a theme around here.  If it's Tuesday in Denver, the weather is miserable.  I'd be open to breaking the streak.

144.0 this morning - don't know if that's carryover or to do with my eating some of the potatoes at dinner last night.  We went to Olive Garden, and I had the steak Toscana - not bad, but it came with fried potatoes, and I had about half of them.  I'm a little concerned that for me, carbs=weight gain, in nearly all cases.  I don't think it's a good idea to eat zero-carb for life, although I suppose I could.  But I seem to be a bit stuck - zero or very low carb causes weight loss, some carb above that causes weight gain.  I haven't found the balance point yet.

Made something pretty boffo later in the evening.  A handful of frozen berries in a glass, covered barely with coconut milk, and hit with an immersion blender.  Strawberry for me, blueberry for Lee.  We both went for a spatula to clean out the glass, so I'd say it was a success all around.  Unfortunately, I seem to have a mental block about opening coconut milk cans - that's the second one I managed to open upside down.  More problematic with the full-fat version than with the low-fat - there was a big clump of solids at the top, with liquid below.  So, I learned something - shake the be-jeebers out of a can of full-fat coconut milk before opening, and then open it on the end that the can says to open.  And make some more of that stuff with the berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment