Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday

This week was pretty short and event-filled (probably the latter is the cause of the former, but, whatever).  I'm flying to San Diego tonight for 2 days of painting and cleaning out a house to sell as part of an estate, and 1 day of the funeral.  Seems a bit frivolous to worry about eating problems, but given my reaction to egg rolls last weekend, I probably at least need to be alert to keeping the gluten down.

We had burger patties with sauteed mushrooms and a red wine and beef stock reduction sauce for dinner last night - and green beans.  And I snacked on cheese - we had a wedge of aged gouda that I cut up - it's bloody marvelous!  I had a glass of coconut water for a nightcap, because I could feel the leg cramps looming, and for once, it held them off.  I would have slept quite well indeed but for the stupid dogs, who needed - REALLY needed - to get up at 1:30 am for some reason.  We put them off, and they subsided for about an hour, but at 2:30 am, having been awake the whole time, I got up and let them out.  And then tried to get back to sleep, with rather mixed success.  So I feel a bit washed out this morning - hollow-tired and achy.  I had two cups of tea with cream in hopes that Diesel #2 would do something, but so far, not so much.

142.2 this morning - a couple of days of eating pretty clean and I'm right back down there.  Still looking for the balance point where I can stay more or less in one place, weight-wise.  For what it's worth, I seem to be seeing more of my abdominal muscles these days - mostly just below the ribcage, and only when I'm not trying to see them - tightening them up makes the definition go away - so it might be something else going on. 

Read a review of a play in the paper this morning - the woman who wrote the Vagina Monologues has a new play about how she hates her stomach, apparently bitching about our "notions" of female beauty.  Sorry sweetheart, the definition of female beauty is built into our genes, as a mechanism to ensure that the species survives and thrives ("beautiful" implies "healthy"), and not everyone gets to be beautiful.  Life is not fair.  And yet, people pay to go see things like this.  Other people.  Not me.  Blecch.

No comments:

Post a Comment