Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day Off Number 1 (aka Thursday, I'm pretty sure)

Had to report a new milestone.  When I stepped on the scale at 6 am today, it told me that, since the cruise 11 months ago (roughly), I have lost 50 POUNDS!  141.4 this morning, to be more specific.  My mind is boggling.  This was never even a goal when I started changing the way we ate, after the cruise, after Easter, and after Lee came back from the doctor with a diagnosis of early Metabolic Syndrome.  I'm nearly speechless.  But I will add, that the goals I did have, have all been achieved in spades - we are much healthier than we were a year ago - more energy, more ability to roll with the punches, really.

On the Elizabeth front, it occurs to me this morning that migraine is an inflammatory sort of thing, and she might benefit mightily from the bona-fide anti-inflammatory diet - the one Lee's brother is nominally on for RA (he cheats a lot).  I think I'll urge her to eat more fish, which she likes, fortunately, and really avoid seed oils and grains, as a part of removing the triggers.  I may even go look for that book in a bookstore this morning.

50 pounds.  Fifty.  One half of one hundred.

Golly.

No comments:

Post a Comment