Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday

Day 2 in San Diego. We got the work done on the house this morning, which means my folks can go home Tuesday. Noticed something yesterday. We were carrying boxes of books out of a used bookstore, and I was able to carry them with my left arm alone. I don't always think about the "free-inside" benefits of eating this way, but I am definitely stronger than I used to be.

Another observation - I did a lot of trim painting yesterday and toward evening, my right shoulder was killing me. I begged some fish oil from my mom, took 2 before bed, and woke up pain-free there and in my thumb joints. I suppose there could be some other cause, but I'm grateful, regardless.

Been eating pretty well, so far. Omelets and/or eggs with meat for breakfast, meat with veg for lunch and dinner. I've had no trouble finding something to eat. Well, except at the motel - the complimentary breakfast on offer was nothing but grains in various forms. Skipped that, obviously. And I've had good energy and endurance, and slept like a whole pile of rocks last night.

One other observation. California may have happy cows, but their output isn't available for use in coffee. The "cream" on the table is routinely fake stuff. Not the case in Colorado. Wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment