Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday

And the corn chips blew away with the wind...  I'm at 143.0 today - a new low.  I figure it'll settle one of these days, but I have some clothes I'd still like to wear more flatteringly (if that makes sense).  I have, however, been rather favorably impressed by my appearance in the underwear equivalent of a tankini just now - because of the cold, I've been adding a layer of silk to my clothing, and with a silk tank added, I look pretty good - the last remnants of subcutaneous abdominal fat are pretty subtle in that garb.  I don't know if a 49 year old belongs in a bikini, no matter how thin she might be, but come warmer weather (come quickly, please!!!), I will need a new swimsuit, and am thinking that a tankini might be the ticket.

Lee has seen 197 since his breakthrough - I don't ask him for daily updates, so I don't know if that's the current figure or not.  And Elizabeth's weight continues to drop - though more because of inadvertent IFing than anything - with her vertigo, she has very little appetite right now and has to force herself to eat.  But she's looking quite good these days.

I saw yesterday on the Hunter-Gatherer site that the Green Bay quarterback is reading The Paleo Diet - the book/website that started this odyssey for me.  I was going to root for them anyway; this just bolsters my resolve. 

Dr. Kurt Harris has some great posts on macronutrients on his PaNu blog right now - his discussion of carbohydrate quality and how the atomic structure affects our bodies is very thought-provoking.  We do eat some starchy carbs - potatoes and sweet potatoes, mostly, with occasional corn and rice thrown in - and after reading his article, I'm thinking that's probably okay.  I'm really glad he's back to active posting - I think his writing may have been the most influential for how we ended up eating.  Good stuff - not lockstep with either Paleo or Low-Carb, but really looking at the effects of various dietary choices on our health.  Combine his stuff with Taubes and you have an incredible one-two punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment