Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday - holiday warning

I will now mix up the day for every day this week, since I'm off work today.  So be it.  It's a 2-day workweek.  That should limit the scope a bit.  We're headed to New Orleans on Thursday for a weekend of participating in a Mardi Gras krewe.  And I am declaring it - now - a moderate cheat weekend.  Because I want beignets and King Cake.  Not sure if there's anything else I would cheat for - I think I can nosh on shrimp and things without violating most Paleo principles (okay, maybe red beans and rice.  And Jambalaya).  Like I said, a moderate cheat weekend.  I hope Elizabeth can eat beignets and King Cake without any problems - she seems to be the most gluten sensitive of the three of us.  I guess she gets the little one, right?

We had a belated Valentine's Day dinner on Saturday at a steakhouse near here - escargot, prime rib and mashed potatoes, and a raspberry souffle.  Delicious - and I pretty much cleaned my plate (not all the fat on the prime rib, though - a Paleo hurdle I just can't seem to get over).  The souffle was, I think, flourless, but it did not stint on the sugar - man, was that thing sweet!  The two of us weren't able to finish it, which was probably a good thing!

I know I was below 143 on Friday; by yesterday morning I was at 143.6, but had a breakfast-snacks-dinner day and am back at 143.0 this morning.  I may IF today; I haven't had breakfast yet and am not particularly hungry.  Flank steak marinated in something for dinner (which reminds me, I'd best go get one out of the freezer.

Saw a commercial last night reminding everyone to eat their "heart-healthy whole grains".  Including the ones in Lucky Charms.  Comment would be superfluous.

No comments:

Post a Comment