Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday (I think, anyway)

Got back from San Diego about 10:30 last night - but that was just to the airport.  Finally crashed about 11:45, I think - the alarm went off roughly 2 seconds after that, by my reckoning.  So I'm a bit washed out this morning.  That said, the tea and heavy cream did seem to help this morning - more than it did last week.  And I did sleep heavily for the not-quite-six hours I got.

Apparently, I did not eat as well as I'd hoped over the weekend - more starch than I should have had, I think.  Can I argue that it was in a good cause - keeping leg cramps at bay while I was away from the coconut water supplies?  Probably not.  I'm at 146.2 this morning - partly water, I'm sure, since I could feel the bottom of my arches touch the floor when I took my shoes off last night.  Planes seem to do that to me.  As for my eating, I think I did fairly well - sweet potato fries with lunch on Sunday, potatoes au gratin with dinner that night (very good, but probably insulinogenic), also a bit of bread.  A Wendy's frosty mid-morning yesterday, and chips and salsa and guac and rice and beans for dinner last night (Chili's - must stop eating there!!!).  So I am fairly sure I can account for all 4 pounds.  No leg cramps, though!

I think I posted over the weekend about the strength gains I saw - I was really quite impressed with them.  And on the way back from the airport, Lee mentioned that while he hasn't seen much weight loss recently beyond what it took to get below 200, his waist has shrunk - he was trying on pants yesterday evening and ended up in an inch smaller size than he expected.  So it's working for him - just in a different way. 

Over the weekend, I was helping my folks clean out the house of my grandmother's cousin, who died recently of metastasized lung cancer.  He was 80, I believe, so it was not an untimely death, but as I was cleaning, I found that his recycling bin (2 weeks' worth, if I understood the instructions on his garage wall, and a full-sized lidded container) was chock-full of apple juice cans.  Unless my parents went on an apple juice dumping binge, that was a lot of sugar for him to have consumed, and I can't help wondering if it was feeding the cancer and making it worse.  Maybe the chemo made it hard for anything else to taste okay, but it was very striking to see all those cans.

No comments:

Post a Comment