Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm nearly 90% certain it's Thursday

Ugh - delete one workday and everything goes to crap.  When the radio went off this morning, I had to think hard to figure out why it wasn't playing the Friday bumper music - it took several minutes to come to the realization that it was because it's not Friday.  Consulting my watch and calendar in tandem, I'm assured it's Thursday.  Not that I wouldn't rather have it be Friday, but given that I thought yesterday was Tuesday...

I got so bored yesterday mid-day that I went down to the machines in search of not one, but two bags of trail mix.  And they were out.  I don't know if that was good or bad; I bought potato chips and peanuts instead.  The salt tasted good, but I was hungry for chocolate - food of the bored, apparently.  Dinner was beef-vegetable soup and a salad with cheese and salami in it, followed by the chocolate and coconut milk semi-pudding stuff I'd made on Tuesday night.  I liked it okay, but using the very dark chocolate caused the texture to be very grainy, and Lee actually put Splenda in his; it was too bitter for him.  So next time, I'll go with the chocolate chips, maybe. 

144.2 this morning - a decent enough weight.  My feet were pretty swollen when I got home last night - not sure why - and I think I'm still a bit water-logged.  I'm on my own for dinner tonight - not sure what I'm going to have, although I'm leaning toward thawing out some of the mini-meatloaves I made a while back.  I think we're out of bacon (oh, the horror!), or I'd make some Southern-style green beans in the pressure cooker to go with them.  Our pressure cooker is immense - wonder if they make them any smaller?  A quick google reveals that 4-qt seems to be the smallest, and I think that's what I have.  Bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment