Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday of the world's longest week

And it's not - exactly - because Christmas is coming; it's a 4-day week leading up to time off (which happens to be Christmas).  Anyway, here we are at Wednesday.  Yesterday's eating (for me) went like this:
Breakfast - 2 turkey bacon and about 1.5 eggs scrambled with 1/4 pound of ground beef (leftovers from the beef, eggs, spinach dish).  Tea with heavy cream to start
During the day - about 1/3 cup of walnut pieces
Dinner - ground sirloin patty with cheddar and bacon, and a tiny bit of avocado (it was really hard, so not worth eating).  2 squares of stilton cheese, about 5 dark chocolate almonds, and a piece of paleo christmas candy (coconut shreds covered with 60% cacao chocolate).

Lee had about the same thing, without the walnuts and with Olive Garden soup and salad for lunch - he picked Pasta E Fagiole, which has to be carb-city.  Also at least 2 glasses of 2% milk.

The reason I'm recording this so scrupulously is that he is still not losing weight at all, and I am feeling compelled to figure out why.  So I'm going to load him into LoseIt for a while to see what his ratios are.  I've also suggested that he should try an IF day or two, and that he might want to get a blood glucose meter and test himself after meals to figure out what's kicking his blood sugar up - because something must be, somewhere.  He was having leg cramps overnight, which seems like he's running low-carb in general, but I'm wondering about gluconeogenesis due to not enough fat calories or something.  Gah!

We did the gym again last night - just weights for me; he walked a mile and then hit a few weight machines.  I don't think the walking will have the adverse effects on his appetite, since it's not strenuous or highly aerobic.  For me, the second session prompted body aches right away - I was pretty sore overnight and don't feel too wonderful today.  But a pound of water went away, so I'm back at 146.4.

The coconut water after workouts seems to be keeping cramps at bay - I had some popping at bedtime, but nothing worse.  And I'm getting used to the taste, sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment