Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Really? Really???

Got on the scale this morning and had to do a go-back.  I am at 144.4 (or possibly .6; does it really matter?) this morning.  I don't think that was a goal, really - I'm happy at weighing under 150.  Anyway, I also did my body fat measurements, and am at 23% even this morning, and within about 3/4" in hip and waist measurements of being able to make pants using a pattern I found in my stash from the 90's (I'd guess) that has tapered legs and a waist-high waistband.  I've been wanting to make those pants again - I like the ones I did make recently, but have never been a fan of truly straight legs unless they're skinny, and these are straight and a sort of medium width, so that they flap about the ankles in a way I don't care for - it doesn't look graceful.  Anyway, my lean body mass is at 111.2 pounds at the moment, which indicates to me that I'm still losing fat - actually, looking at my lower abdomen tells me that - it continues to melt slowly away.

I finally got a chance to watch the movie, "Fat Head", which I'd been reading about in the low-carb/paleo blogs for a while now.  It's currently available on Hulu (at http://www.hulu.com/fat-head).  I loved it - laughed out loud (while sitting alone in my kitchen in front of my laptop) multiple times, and the nutrition science is spot-on and very clearly explained.  I sent the link to both Elizabeth and to my sister; hope they opt to take a look.  Lee even watched a bit of it over my shoulder, although he wasn't willing to stand there for 1-3/4 hours' worth, understandably.

Anyway, back to this weight-loss thing.  I do keep an eye on the mirror in case I start looking anorexic, and that doesn't appear to be happening.  Here's what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and 2 strips turkey bacon; 1 cup of tea with heavy cream in it
Lunch - nothing
Dinner: 1/3 pound Angus burger patty with cheddar cheese and green chile (seriously wonderful!), 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and a pickle spear
Miscellaneous snacks: 3 oz cheese (Gruyere and/or Kerrygold sharp cheddar), 1 cup of strawberries with 1/3ish cup heavy cream, 1 square of Lindt 82% cacao chocolate.  Possibly a cup of tea with heavy cream in it.

I wasn't hungry, except briefly around 2:30 (so useless for lunch-eating!).  I mean to put that log into LoseIt just to see what the calorie count is.  In the meantime, I guess this new loss a)signals I haven't hit my genetically appropriate weight yet, and b) means a few Christmas cookies won't do me much harm (unless the gluten or other wheat toxins get to me).

No comments:

Post a Comment