Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Food

Over the past 3 days, we've received gifts from various members of our family who have developed a tradition of sending food.  I think that we have discussed our way of eating with most of them - or at least, they've seen it in action, back in the spring.  I suppose it's possible that they're just like my mother, who keeps asking when I'm going to stop "dieting", and figure that how we eat is in support of a weight-loss goal or something, and will go back to "normal" some day.  Because here are the highlights of what they have sent us for Christmas this year:
  • Frozen gourmet lasagna
  • Bagels - it looked to be several dozen of them
  • Some sort of frozen cake
  • Flavored popcorn

Amongst all of this largess (lard-ess, more like), we did get some steaks and some coffee, so it wasn't all problematic.  And the popcorn's original sale benefited the Boy Scouts, and I'm all for that.  But now we have all this stuff in the house that we don't eat, and I need to come up with suitably enthusiastic thank-you notes for it, as well.

The popcorn came to work with me this morning - I work in IT, and have never seen an IT organization pass up free food, so I think it will be appreciated.  Lee is thinking of doing something similar with the bagels at his office sometime soon.  The lasagna and the cake?  I don't know.  Guess we'll let them stew a while.

My weight's holding steady in the mid 140s - 146.6 this morning.  Lee's still not losing; I suggested he try the keto-stix a couple of times to see if he's ever going into ketosis, and we could work from there.  And he wants to go to the gym more, which I think means I have to start getting us to the gym more (a role I would willingly give up, but it's mine and has been for a long time).  Maybe one or the other of those will help.  If we do get to the gym more, I'm going to start working on a six-pack - I think I'm about where I could do it and have it be visible.

Fortunately, I think we have received all of our food-oriented gifts.  Good thing - I'm not sure we haven't exhausted our options for getting it out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment