Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday

I succumbed to the lure of peanuts yesterday.  I think it has to do with having a cube right next to the floor's one microwave, so lunchtime comes, and I get to smell everyone's lunch.  On the days they bring microwaveable frozen lasagna, I have no problem not eating (microwaving it smells like, well, vomit).  Other days, they cook something beefy, and I get hungry.  Yesterday was one of those days. 

I came prepared today - finally remembered to bring some walnuts with me.

146.4 today.  We ate Mexican last night, but I had carne asada with guacamole (and chips and some of the rice, and two unfried corn tortillas - I was hungry), so, in theory, it wasn't as bad as my usual cheese enchiladas.  Also had my one cookie - and kept it to one this time.  And some walnuts and some cheese.  As I was getting ready for bed, I felt the leg cramps starting, and when the first one fired off, I went and drank some coconut water.  It wasn't as instantaneous a fix this time - I felt the fasciculation or whatever it is for a while after, but the cramps did not return.  So it seems to work.  It also doesn't taste as nice as I thought it did the first time, but since it's medicinal, I'll slug it down - it tastes much better than, say, Ny-Quil.

Holiday party at work today, featuring pizza.  I will eat the top and skip the bread.  I wonder if it would be possible to make a pizza top by melting cheese with tomatoes and pepperoni and spices in a casserole dish or something.  Seems like it would be worth a try, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment