Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday before Christmas

Pretty good weekend, from an eating standpoint.  We ate at home a lot - stew on Friday, cabbage rolls from Everyday Paleo for dinner Saturday, roast beef and potatoes and rice-flour gravy last night.  Breakfast yesterday at Cracker Barrel, which has a gargantuan low-carb breakfast - 3 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, and some sliced tomatoes.  Breakfast Saturday was a second pass at the ground beef, eggs, and spinach thing - more spinach and eggs to less beef this time, and still pretty good! And we ate out for Saturday lunch - I had a Wendy's double with cheese, sans bun, and Lee had chili; we split a baked potato (with the crap they provide in lieu of butter - ugh).

Lee came really close to being below 200 on Saturday morning, but saw it go back up on Sunday, just out of caprice, as far as I can figure.  He's stiff and sore right now from the cold, and that's probably part of it.  We also went to the gym yesterday morning, and are both stiff and sore and swollen from that.  I did a variety of machines - all weightlifting; he walked a bit and then did a bit of lifting. 

Made some kinda fun, near-paleo candy this weekend - I had a partial bar of 60% cacao chocolate and some leftover coconut shreds, and melted the former and stirred in the latter.  It's pretty darn tasty - worth repeating, although next time, I'll do the 85% stuff.  It tastes rather like a Mounds bar, only not as sweet and not nearly as sticky.

147.0 this morning; I saw 145.something over the weekend and having eaten so clean, I tend to think that this is my muscles protesting the weight work yesterday.  I took a couple of salmon oil this morning and will take some Advil if the pain increases at all; between them, the excess fluid should go away, I think.

We were laughing yesterday morning at the prospect of January at the gym, as all the folks who gained weight over the holidays make their resolutions and start to keep them.  Because, so far, I think both of us have lost a tiny amount of weight over the holidays - not much, and some days, it's hard to see.  But I didn't fit into a size 8 before Thanksgiving, and now I do (I'm wearing one of the skirts I made earlier in the fall and it's too big), and I think Lee's nearing a breakthrough - his "skinny jeans" were falling down while we were out shopping yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment