Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday

If I can survive today and tomorrow, I can work from home on Friday, and maybe get some rest. Except that Lee will be getting home on Friday, which means I'll be dealing with helping him unpack and managing the maids, the roto-rooter guy, and the guy doing the boiler.

I don't feel so good...

Actually, I really don't. Yesterday, I spent the day with a drippy nose and a lot of sneezing and coughing. By the time I got home, I just felt like crap. Went to bed before 8 with Alka-Seltzer cold and sinus PM, which eventually stopped the drippy nose and put me to sleep. But I don't feel much like I slept. And I feel sicker than I did yesterday morning - tired and achy and stuffed up and annoyed with life.

It's been 3-4 years since I last had a cold. I did think that Paleo eating was protecting me. I still do. But this past year, full of stress with a bad commute to a job that is not a good fit, the impending move, "that damn cruise", and everything else, overwhelmed the protection. If nothing else, my next job has to be less stressful. In some way. Maybe just one of the two stressors has to go away - because I suspect I'm still going to have a commute problem.

Anyway, 160.2 this morning. Feet are still a bit swollen, but I have ankle bones again, on both of them, and that's a huge improvement. I found some videos on DIY lymphatic massage yesterday and tried some of the techniques. Maybe that did it, or maybe it was drinking about 12 cups of tea through the day. Which I will probably do again today.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • 3 pieces of cheese
  • lots of almonds
  • about 20 Tootsie Rolls (the little ones)
  • 4 pieces of low-carb crust pepperoni pizza
  • Cashews - less than a handful
I think that was it. Not very nutritious, and not enough to keep the Mucinex from causing stomach pain. I have the rest of the pizza with me today, and will be eating it to try to keep from burning my stomach today.  

I am so tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment