Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday

Still fighting the cold. The elderberry extract, Vitamin D, and Mucinex stuff have changed its nature, though. Sunday, I had a raging sore throat and some general malaise. Yesterday, that vanished and I was a little hoarse but generally okay, as long as I kept taking meds. Today, I have itching - creating a dry cough and an urge to sneeze originating mostly in my throat, which is one weird sensation. Also a drippy nose. And my ears are a bit stuffed up.  Still, I feel better than I did Sunday, or yesterday morning.

Eating yesterday was wretched. Here's the breakdown:
  • tea with cream
  • lemon jello water
  • 3 packages of Kirkland trail mix (a total of 90 grams of carbs and 1200 calories)
  • a double quarter pounder with cheese, no bun
  • a bunch of grapes
  • more tea with cream
I wasn't interested in breakfast until after I got to work, so I ate what I had available. Not great, for sure - and the packages of trail mix are misleading, because they contain 2.5 servings, not 1. Creeps.

Went grocery shopping last night and I think I'm making pizza tonight. Haven't had one in a long time and it just sounds good. I have some cheese and almonds with me today and will be avoiding the trail mix, I think. I also bought some more grapes and strawberries.

My feet are slowly deflating from the trip. Down to 162.2 this morning, with more water left to lose. I opted for a skirt over jeans today, thinking it might be less likely to cut off the channels for losing the water. I hope so. A search for swollen left foot indicated I might have lymphedema, except the folks with that have something that seems permanent, and this comes and goes - and is much smaller than the pictures. 

Hoping to have a productive evening - yesterday was not. I need to distribute party invitations some more - and those are taking 15-20 minutes per house, unfortunately, because everyone wants to chat. And I need to pack. That's starting to feel extremely urgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment