Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday

153.2 this morning, so nearly back to where we started before vacation.  Still feeling very much in charge of things - much like I did when we first changed to Paleo.  So that's good.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • roast beef (sliced - a full sandwich's worth)
  • turkey (sliced - a half sandwich's worth)
  • strawberries and pineapple (mostly the former)
  • sliced tomatoes
  • 3 potato chips
  • 4 macadamia nuts
  • salad with steak in it - and blue cheese dressing
Considering that I spent most of a 3-hour meeting sitting at a table with the bag of Ruffles right in front of me, I believe that eating only 3 of them is a mark of near inhuman restraint.  Could I have eaten none?  Maybe.  And they weren't as good to eat as to think about eating.  The strawberries were ones I'd brought from home - about 1/2 pound, I think.  The salad for dinner was awesome - and huge - I ate the steak, but did not finish the salad.  And I'm just now realizing, it was chock-full of red onions, which I didn't avoid, and which are not bothering my stomach at all - onions used to be a huge gas-producer for me.  Nice change!

I had a lot of energy last night - planted my lavender plant (souvenir of vacation), adjusted the strawberry bed net (so far, not very effective - and applied late), and made some egg-custard quiche things from the new Paleo cookbook I got at Costco (by the authors of Make it Paleo, but I can't recall the title - it's not Gather, that I know).

At bedtime, ketosis registered between small and medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment