Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday

153.0.  A little incremental improvement.  Day by day, that's all I'm asking for.  Here's yesterday:
  • 1 serving (2 of them) of the egg custards from the 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • 4 macadamia nuts (throughout the day)
  • 2 pieces of cheese
  • 2 brats with Dijon mustard
  • sauerkraut
  • 3 homegrown strawberries
  • a small handful of cashews
Found the strawberries in the garden; the net seems to be working, at least a little.  There are still quite a few white ones in there, so I have some hope of eating more - and maybe getting them just a tad riper.  They were tasty, though.

We went to the gym last night - I want to try using a stationary bike to work on my knee strength, hoping to get to the point where I can even attempt real squats.  So I rode for a combined half-hour, I think, with 3 or 4 15-second sprints worked in, and did some leg presses and arm extensions (triceps).  Not too sore today; I may be tomorrow.

I meant to mention something a while back.  It seems that all fast food joints have eliminated full-fat salad dressing.  I don't know who or what is pressuring (yes, I said that out loud) or motivating them to do such an unhealthy thing, but I cannot get blue cheese dressing at Chik-Fil-A or McDonalds, and everything else on offer appears to be the "lite" version.  Blecch.  Not that I eat fast food all that often, but I would really like not to have a salad morph into dessert when I do.  Back to naked burgers, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment