Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday

Good weekend.  Excellent weekend, as far as eating goes.  I'm down to 149.0 this morning and feel like I finally have that damn water gone.  I don't know if the 7 pounds down this past week are all water or if at least some of them are fat, but I certainly hope some are fat.  Anyway, success reinforces good behavior, and I had a very low carb weekend.  Saw the ketostix register above "moderate" on Saturday night, even.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • bacon
  • no supplements
  • cheese
  • cashews - two small handfuls
  • a small glass of white wine
  • filet mignon with truffle butter (oh my goodness, truffle butter is good stuff!)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • strawberries, raspberries, blueberries with very lightly sweetened whip cream
And that was it.  Spent a good chunk of the morning outdoors gardening, and even went out for a bit of Vitamin D gathering - worked on some cross-stitch out on the front patio.  I can't say at this point that I'm in the clear, or that the increased carbs of the past year and a bit are to blame for me feeling somewhat ugh earlier this year, but I feel a lot better now - even after a night of frustration dreams broken by the room being a bit too warm, I feel pretty much able to tackle the world today.  So things are going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment