Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday

I went on a crazy carb bender after dinner last night - lots of potato chips and chocolate.  Pure, undiluted, stress eating.  Hasn't happened in a while, although I think I may have been doing it in a low-burn way for months.  So I learned something.  153.0 so far; I'm not counting on it to continue.

Why stress?  I have a long, traffic filled commute each day (except Fridays), and the country seems to be running toward something awful with gleeful abandon.  Add to that, my job involves implementing some of this overweening government oversight, and I guess it wears on a girl.  I will be giving some serious thought to stress management while on vacation this coming week (!!!), and hope to arrive at something I can do long-term, since I don't think quitting yet another job is the solution.  And I don't want to shift to the potato-chip/chocolate diet; don't think that would go well, somehow.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • no supplements (big mistake, that, by the way)
  • a couple of macadamia nuts - maybe 5
  • double quarter-pounder with cheese, no bun
  • taco salad with 1/2 pound grassfed ground beef
  • 1/4 Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds
  • approximately a full deli bag of lays
  • uncounted Godiva pearls - I just mainlined them out of the refill tube
I was able to stop after that, but wow.  So, of course, I was rewarded with crazy cramping of both lower legs - that escalated into pain just as I drifted off to sleep.  Twice.  I should probably take my vitamins from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment