Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thursday

Held steady overnight at 149.4; we went to the gym after work and before dinner, which probably contributed (either through a kick to the metabolism or through increased inflammation for muscle recovery, I'm not sure which).  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • 5 macadamia nuts (I think)
  • double quarter pounder with cheese, no bun
  • 15 french fries (I did NOT order them, but found them and their insidious fragrance in the bag when I opened it.  So I allotted myself 15 and threw the rest away)
  • cheese
  • hamburger with blue cheese in it (not grassfed)
  • salad with blue cheese dressing
  • two small handfuls of cashews
Kind of a lot of eating.  I had thought that I might be stalling out my metabolism by overeager fasting, and I think that may be true.  So, since I hadn't had breakfast yesterday, I made sure to have lunch.  

At the gym, I did 15 minutes and a bit of recumbent cycling at a lowish setting (5 on a scale of I don't know what), with 2 15-second sprint intervals.  Steady state was about 60-70 RPM; sprint ran up to about 115.  I "covered" 3 miles, according to the thingie.  I also did some chest press and rowing stuff, fairly low weights, to start working my arms and shoulders and hopefully building up against future injury.  I can feel that I did both today - a bit stiff, but not unbearably so.  About right.  I really need to get the strength up; I don't intend to be a feeble old lady, but rather one of those that can outwork my juniors right to the end.  Not true at the moment, so I'm fixing it.

Ketosis in "moderate" at bedtime, despite the fries, thank goodness.  No leg cramps.

However, sleep has been utter crap lately.  It's been warm out, and our bedroom is unshaded, leaving it the only warm room in the house most days.  Great in winter.  Not so useful just now.  I recall re-awakening at least 4 times over the night, and had vivid dreams throughout.  And I feel much like a wet rag this morning.  Not helpful to stress or weight management, I know.  We're trying something new with the swamp cooler today/tonight, to see if we can get the room any cooler, and keep it that way.  And I think I will avoid tea after dinner, see if that helps any.

Push comes to shove, I'll try the standing on one leg thing from Seth Roberts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment