Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday

Took Friday off and worked around the house - got a lot done in three days.  However, I also culminated my weight gain for the week at 150.4 both Saturday and yesterday.  So I guess it's a relief to see 149.0 this morning.  Nonetheless, not a good weight.

Much of it's water, and that's hormonal, I guarantee.  Right now, I ache all over, and I'm pretty sure that's all water.  Just took a couple of Advil in hopes of making it stop.

Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • Cracker Barrel low-carb double meat breakfast (eggs, bacon, bacon, tomatoes)
  • cheese
  • cashews
  • an almond-flour chocolate chip cookie
  • homemade eggnog
  • steak (grassfed sirloin)
  • salad with balsamic vinaigrette and blue cheese
  • homemade ice cream (raspberry this time)
Wow.  Seemed a lot worse than that at the time.  I spent yesterday working with eggs and dairy.  Made a cooked custard eggnog recipe that came out pretty tasty, although not quite "eggnog" flavored - still working on what that might entail.  And ice cream - this time from raspberries and a bit of raspberry liqueur, on top of a custard base.  I much prefer the texture from the custard base than one from straight cream - not sure whether it's the egg yolk or the milk that does it, but it's quite good.

Saturday I made salad dressings - thousand island for Lee and blue cheese for me.  We had giant chef's salads for dinner that night.

Stuffed peppers for dinner tonight.  I had breakfast today, so my goal is to avoid snacks until then.  I'm hoping all the fat I had yesterday will help me by putting me most of the way into ketosis today.

No comments:

Post a Comment