Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wednesday

156.8 this morning. Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • the usual supplements
  • scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, and tomatoes
  • 3 pieces of Kerrygold Irish cheddar
  • a ziploc bag of strawberries
  • salad with turkey and blue cheese dressing
  • 4 rice flour cookies (with frosting)
  • the cookie dough for a fifth
  • about 10 mint M&Ms
That was it. We did a bit of grocery shopping last night, and I baked cookies, which kept me out of the sitting-and-snacking habit.

Sleep was pretty good last night - with aid of a Benadryl. I fell asleep soon after 9, and woke up just after 5, with nothing but dreamland in the middle. I figured I'd had plenty of sugar last night, so I didn't bother with the honey, and I know that I dreamed last night, but again, not about what. Which is fine - if I were able to remember, it would mean that I'd been pretty near awake. For what it's worth, I've been looking dragged out and baggy-eyed all last week and this, and I still do. I feel better this morning than I have in quite a while, though.

Short workday today, but a long day. Our intention is to go to Midnight Mass, and if it's anything like the last time, we'll get home after 2 am. I'm spending the evening cooking in preparation for a bang-up brunch tomorrow, which we will eat when we get up - maybe around 10. A family dinner tomorrow evening - at which I am providing antipasto - beyond that, we don't know what's being served. And once that's done, we will be getting rid of all the sugar around the house again and getting back to eating healthy. My New Year's resolution - which I mean to implement starting tomorrow - is to get more vegetables into our diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment