Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday

I managed to eat a lot of food yesterday, despite having a salad for dinner. Lunch was kind of a giant bolus of fat and protein, and the salad at dinner was a chef's salad - with ham, chicken, and cheese on it. And then topped it off with 4 small pieces of candy, which drove the carbs over the 50 gram mark.

We did the gym before dinner, and I overdid it there - put my loud car music playlist on, which puts me at a 13-ish minute mile pace. Consequently, I was aching through the hip and thigh region after going to bed, and woke up at 1:15 to get aspirin. The dog woke up about an hour later, just as I'd fallen asleep and was dreaming, and Lee, not being a subtle individual, sat up abruptly and threw covers around, which woke me up. Probably subconsciously intentional - he doesn't much like suffering alone. And despite my best efforts at being smooth and quiet when I got up for the aspirin, it woke him up. He generally sleeps well, but wakes up at the drop of a hat. In a building a block away that has all the doors and windows shut.

I got back to sleep, but not well, I think - each waking took me at least a half-hour to get over. I don't know what that makes the total; what I do know is that I fell asleep on the couch last night around 8, and was in bed by 8:30, so that helps a little. Had a RedBull on the way to work - still waiting on the wings. I'm pretty groggy this morning.

We skipped breakfast, too - just to get a few more horizontal minutes on the clock. I had a piece of cheese and have others with me, so I won't starve today. No gym tonight; on the other hand, I don't really know what we will have to eat and we will probably go out shopping. I want to get the Christmas shopping done and checked off with just a few exceptions this week. I think that will aid with the stress levels, since it's pretty obvious that my sleep is not in a good place just now. Thinking seriously about blacking the room out further - curtains over the windows above our headboard to start with, and somehow making the window-seat curtains go to the tops of those windows as well.

Anndd, here comes a hot flash. Life can be annoying at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment