Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday

153.0 this morning.  Here's yesterday:
  • tea with cream
  • scrambled eggs
  • canadian bacon
  • cheese
  • almond flour shortbread cookies with chocolate-amaretto ganache (4 total)
  • a tiny bottle of prosecco
  • boneless short ribs braised in beer and beef stock (a keeper)
  • mashed cheesy cauliflower
  • a lot of cashews
  • 6 chocolate coconut almonds
  • a teaspoon of honey
I was craving salt last night - not entirely sure why, but I ate cashews to help with it.  I wish humans could just do a salt lick, or something. Anyway, I'm still recovering from my massage on Saturday - it was amazing in terms of finding and killing off what was ailing me, but resulted in a lot of reactive inflammation.

I need to get life under control again; with it wonky, eating goes wonky.

For what it's worth, putting ganache on the shortbread was a total success.  It's dark chocolate from a Lindt 85% bar, heavy cream, and amaretto, so it's not very sweet, and just suits the shortbread cookies perfectly. Very rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment